Fruita

So, I'm back from six days in Fruita, CO. It was the second-annual Great Rocky Mtns demo event. We have dealers from the three Rocky Mtn territories we have come out, ride some top-notch product on some of the world's best trails and then we just get to know each other.
All in all, its an amazing time.

Let me give you quick run down of my time there. Rode the Kokopelli trails and 18 Road trails. I'd have to say that the Horsethief and Rustlers loops out at Kokopelli's were my favorites. Though, Prime Cut/Joe's Ridge, Chutes n Ladders and the Kessel Run at 18 Road were also damned amazing. Really the only trail I rode that I didn't like was Zippity Do Da, but that's cause I hate heights.

My steed for this trip for the most part was the 2010 Remedy 9.9. This bike was simply bitchin for Fruita (and I suspect it would kill it anywhere out West, including Moab). The bike is OCLV carbon, so its super light and climbs like nobodies business. But, the climbing ability has zero sacrifice on the descent. In fact, its just the opposite. Because the bike is so light and nimble, it begged and pleaded with me to push it faster and harder. I was more than happy to oblige. I did get some saddle time on the Superfly 100 and a Rumblefish. Know this, those two bike, while different in travel, are going to change the face of the 29er market as you know it. I promise that. No one else can touch those bikes.

Before I drop my pictures on you, I gotta say love to all my shops for coming out n hangin. Nothing but love baby. Also, thanks to Butch from SuperHuamMag for coming out and spreading some love. Lastly, but far from least love to Lindsay, Josh, Tori, Mauer, Ryan O and of course Larry Legend. You all fucking rock and I'm glad to play for the same team as you.

Here's my pic dump.











Frankie ain't the only one telling me to relax.











This is a view along Rustler's Loop in the Kokopelli trails. Its right along the Green River, just outside of Fruita.










Another view from Rustler's Loop. I could have ridden this for days n days n days and not gotten tired of it.











I have this photo tagged as Rustler's Loop, but I question that since it looks a bit more like Horsethief. Regardless, it was awesome.











Breakfast on Wednesday from Starvin' Arvin's.  This particular beauty is called the Deluxe Biscuits n Gravy. Included on it: Two Catshead (cause they are the size of a cat's head) biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, ham and topped with cheese. I barely put a dent in this thing. It was that big.











The only wound I received during the trip, a gashed left leg. It was on a uphill ledge. Everyone in front of me went right. I went left. I had gone left two days before and cleaned it. This time, not so much. At least the tree stopped me.










Day one of riding. This was part of the crew. Rollin thunder!










The shadows at 18 Road can play hell with ya at the end of the day.










Every night ended with one of these. Words and a picture cannot capture how perfect the weather was.










Dang right it was. This was an amazing trip. I needed it and had fun. Just the same, it was great to get back home and spend some time with Virginia again.

Alright...it is late. I'm tired. And this post is really long. Be well friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior