Hoth


Yep, its that time of the year again. The time of the year where I no longer live in a pleasant world, but rather an icy and bitter cold world, not dis-unlike that of the ice planet Hoth.

Yes, I'm a nerd. Deal with it.

Its -8F at the moment, with a wind chill of -21F.  Our low tonight is projected to be -20F and the high tomorrow is -3F. Though, it doesn't look like it'll hang around all that long. We'll have double digit high temps by Wednesday again.

...
Past plans of buying a new bike have been put on hold. For the time being. With that said, I think I may try to see if I can't put a few pennies together and try to find a used Fox G2 fork. Or maybe even a Rockshox. Something to change the front end on the Fisher.
...

Decided now is the time to do my yearly reading of the book "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich"

If you haven't read this bike, I would certainly recommend it. Not only is it such a simple and great read, but it provides you with an amazing picture of what hundreds of thousands of Russians went through post World War II. It also is just a masterpiece portrait of how the human spirit survives through horrible conditions.

Anyway, just my two cents worth.
...
Ok, I have groceries to put away. Happy 2010 again.

Xs n Os

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior