Nights

It is 1:35 a.m. and I am still up.
I am finally finding myself edging toward sleep. Impressive since I've been up since 5:50 a.m
Not in a bad space. Actually, I'm in a rather good space.
Just the same, my mind is whirling. The nights alone are not easy sometimes.

I did however have this go through my mind:


Bad times come and go. As do the good. Embrace and enjoy the good while it is lasts. Be patient and remember bad times don't last for eternity.

I am guilty of many things, including thinking that bad times will always be bad. I'm equally guilty of thinking the good times should last forever.
Neither is true.
...

The neighbor girl was crying again earlier today. She woke me up the other night crying. I had the windows open and heard the noise. I wanted to make sure she was ok, make sure she wasn't being harmed in some way. Shortly after the wailing, it ceased, or at least became much harder to hear. The light in the yard also came on. That was two night ago at around 1:30 a.m. Today, it was around 3 p.m. Whatever it is, I hope she's alright.

Speaking of neighbors, I got to meet another one this week. His name is Mike. He has two girls, both a bit older than V. They seemed friendly enough and all. Regardless, at least someone other than Jim, the Lutheran pastor/bike guy down the street said hello to me. They talk about Minnesota nice. Sometimes I think its more like Minnesota ice. Perhaps I should make a hot dish of some sort and I would be in good with the neighborhood. (bleck btw, to the hot dish, not the neighbors).

...
It is now 2:10 a.m. and I do have to work in a few hours, so I am going to try to rest. Close my eyes and see if sleep comes. If nothing else, I'll just lay in bed and write.

Hope that you are well.





Comments

Hockey hotdish goes a long way man.

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior