Finally
Got to play in the dirt on Saturday. Serious Xs n Os to all those who helped make the Jail Trail a reality. It was a great day to ride. And got to test out a couple of the new bites on the Fisher.
I was a little unsure what the trail conditions would be there since a) we got some rain on Friday, b) I haven't been out this year yet and c) nothing recent had been posted on the MORC page about trail conditions. Just the same I figured, if it was wet, I'd just not ride it. It turned out to be tacky, but just fine. Windier than sin that's for sure, but a great day for a ride.
On to some of the nuts n bolts. I was impressed with the way the new Bontrager 29-3 rode. They are technically spose to be front and rear specific, but I set mine up with the "front" on both front and rear. The bike handled very good in those conditions. Took on all roots n rocks without issue. There aren't really much for climbs in the Jail Trail, but what there is, the tires hooked up well. In short, thumbs up so far and the certainly are better than what I was previously on.
The other new bits I got to ride were my Fox 32 F29 fork w/G2 offset. Great fork. I already knew that. Dumb name though. Just call it the F29 or something simple. That's my only gripe. I know I know. But it is a great fork. It handles noticeably better than the old RockShox, thanks to the G2 geometry. It is also noticeably stiffer, laterally. And, an all white bike, looks bad ass. Good purchase on my part for sure.
Alright, that's all fer now.
Xs n Os
I was a little unsure what the trail conditions would be there since a) we got some rain on Friday, b) I haven't been out this year yet and c) nothing recent had been posted on the MORC page about trail conditions. Just the same I figured, if it was wet, I'd just not ride it. It turned out to be tacky, but just fine. Windier than sin that's for sure, but a great day for a ride.On to some of the nuts n bolts. I was impressed with the way the new Bontrager 29-3 rode. They are technically spose to be front and rear specific, but I set mine up with the "front" on both front and rear. The bike handled very good in those conditions. Took on all roots n rocks without issue. There aren't really much for climbs in the Jail Trail, but what there is, the tires hooked up well. In short, thumbs up so far and the certainly are better than what I was previously on.
The other new bits I got to ride were my Fox 32 F29 fork w/G2 offset. Great fork. I already knew that. Dumb name though. Just call it the F29 or something simple. That's my only gripe. I know I know. But it is a great fork. It handles noticeably better than the old RockShox, thanks to the G2 geometry. It is also noticeably stiffer, laterally. And, an all white bike, looks bad ass. Good purchase on my part for sure.
Alright, that's all fer now.
Xs n Os
Comments