Just another day
It was nice to have the day off.
Slept in.
Did some house work.
Then round about Noon headed to Cloud City to get my ride on at the Jail Trail. Get there and I realize I don't have my gloves. Not a big deal, I can obviously ride without gloves. But....I feel so...naked without gloves.
Regardless I rode and toward the end of my first lap around I'm remembering about some "good karma" sorta stuff and the next thing I know....I'm flying through the air, land on my side sorta...and the bike lands hard on my left leg, particularly my calf. No more karma thoughts when I ride. Apparently there was a short, but hard chunk of a branch...flipped up into my front wheel and...away I flew. Oh yeah, and I cut up my hands a bit. I'm throwing a spare pair of gloves in my car.
Regardless, I turned in four laps(ish) and was fried. I did 2+ laps at Hillside then came home and turned in a 90-minute road ride as the sun went down. Anyway you slice it, it was a lot of miles in a short period of time.
Here's the photo from the day. Re-route on the Bunny and...it's a wee tight.
No I didn't make it through @ speed. And I'm obviously not the first to roll through with wide bars and clip both trees.
And it brought to mind a favorite 80s tune of mine. Lil band called Cheap Trick. Song called "She's Tight." Course lots of places at Hillside have names after metal bands/song so it fit the mood.
This all seemed deeper when I was thinking it over before.
Guess it's just another good day on the bike.

Comments