Lessons learned, lessons earned
Some words I've been rolling over in my head recently:
Equanimity is the only thing that will save you from this world, and it doesn't come easy.
Or cheap.
And you can't fake it for long.
-Michael Perry
Sometimes, I find it is easy to see only the...downside of the tough side of my life. Easy to beat myself up for the mistakes I've made. Thinking, if only I had...
What if's kill me.
There are upsides though. Equanimity being the biggest of them, from my vantage point. Yes it has been hard. No it hasn't been cheap. And yes I've faked it, badly I might add.
Maybe this is part of equanimity, but gratitude certainly comes along in there.
I don't claim to be some amazingly even-keeled, eternally grateful person. I'm not. Step by step, day by day though.
Just the way I see world from my vantage.
Equanimity is the only thing that will save you from this world, and it doesn't come easy.
Or cheap.
And you can't fake it for long.
-Michael Perry
Sometimes, I find it is easy to see only the...downside of the tough side of my life. Easy to beat myself up for the mistakes I've made. Thinking, if only I had...
What if's kill me.
There are upsides though. Equanimity being the biggest of them, from my vantage point. Yes it has been hard. No it hasn't been cheap. And yes I've faked it, badly I might add.
Maybe this is part of equanimity, but gratitude certainly comes along in there.
I don't claim to be some amazingly even-keeled, eternally grateful person. I'm not. Step by step, day by day though.
Just the way I see world from my vantage.
Comments