Friends

"The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you" -Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook

That quote above hammers home feelings that are incredibly true for me. The people who I am fortunate enough to call my friends still like me, despite knowing all sorts of things about me. They still like me even though they know I ran my sister over with a sled when I was a kid. They still like me despite the fact that I'm in a 12-step program. Hell, they still like me even if it takes them over a month of leaving me voice mails before I finally call back.

The simple fact about friends, is this, I may not talk to them often, but I know they are out there and I care about them. Hell, I LOVE them. It will never cease to amaze me how a bit of conversation with a friend can re-adjust my perspective on things.

For my friends and the perspective they provide, I am grateful beyond words.

Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior