One

This is what it amounts to.
One.
The lone bike left in the stable.
My old 1998 Gary Fisher Big Sur retrofitted in yet another form. It has been a few bikes along the way.

  1. My first real mountain bike. I bought it from Eau Claire's Riverside Bike and Skate. Somewhere I still have a copy of the original receipt. I think I paid around $1,000 for it.
  2. I turned it into a single speed after purchasing another Fisher frame. This single speed eventually gave way to a Surly 1x1, in white.
  3. After acquiring the 1x1 the Big Sur was turned into my commuter. The one thing I decided was bad for a commuter was the bright yellow paint. At that point I had it powder coated by an implement company. I said any color your doing is fine and gave him a list of the ones I like. I ended up with Case IH red. I wouldn't change that color for the world. The commuter has been everything from slicks to knobbies to 3x9 to single speed to God only remembers what parts.
Now it gets one more form. One. Why "One" you ask? Because it is the lone bike left. One. 1x9 configuration. I've built it so I can do a bit of anything, but mostly it'll be my daily commuter and off road bike. 
This is the "finished" product.

It's not completely finished yet. I need to buy a few inches worth of cable housing and then it'll be truly finished. It is not pretty. It is not perfect.
It is however, mine.

I have plans to have more than one bike, but for now, this will have to do. At least I still have a bike and not only that, I still have the ability to ride my bike. For both of those things I am grateful.

Looking forward to taking her out on her maiden voyage, both on and off road.

Lastly, I've decided to name it "One" also because of the Metallica tune.



Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior