Snail
“O snail
Climb Mount Fuji
But slowly, slowly!”
Climb Mount Fuji
But slowly, slowly!”
-Kobayashki Issa
Went for a three-mile run in the morning. It wasn't fast, but the morning was so gorgeous. Crisp air and cool temps kept me motivated to not stop moving. I'm glad I went.
This afternoon I hopped on the Ion and rode. About 20 miles. Not especially fast either. The day was warmer, but between the bike and the wind, I was glad to have put on enough layers. Again I was glad I went.
I will not be the first to the summit. It will take time. There will be starts and stops. There will be an end to this at some point unknown to me. Other ends will be made for me and I will make ends as well. The journey though, oh the journey. I will savor it. The bitter as well as the sweet. The lush and the stark. All of it is what I want to experience. I don't want to miss a moment of it.

Comments