100K in a kilt
I'm doing the Trek 100 this year. It's been a couple years since I've done one. This will be my third. Every other year I've done the 36-mile ride. This year, decided to cowboy up and do the 62-miler.
That's 100 kilometers for our metric-using friends.
It came to me in a dream and I feel compelled to make it happen. This isn't my first time on the bike in a kilt. I've done a few events in a kilt, most notably the 24-Hours of 9 Mile in Wausau, WI. Granted, I have not ridden this far in a kilt, but if I can ride off-road in a kilt, I think riding on the road in a kilt should be relatively easy.
Regardless, it is going to happen. It is going to be a blast. I'm sure I'll be hot and sweaty and ready to take the kilt off by the end, but regardless, it'll be fun. For me that is part of what the Trek 100 is about. It's a social event to help kids.
Wish me luck!

Comments