Matt
The single greatest thing for me working in the bicycle industry is the people.
There are so many great people I have worked for/with over the years.
I'm not even sure I could name them all in one sitting.
But, even great people have bad things happen.
It's just part of life.
It sucks. It's shitty. Still, part of life.
Found out today that a former co-worker and friend, Matt Lieven and his wife lost their home in the Waldo Canyon fire in Colorado Springs, CO. During Matt's tenure at Trek he was nothing short of rock-star status. Super positive dude and always willing to go the extra mile. Just a solid dude.
So to Matt and his wife and all the other families affected by the fires in Colorado, Utah and elsewhere in the West, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Be well out there.
There are so many great people I have worked for/with over the years.
I'm not even sure I could name them all in one sitting.
But, even great people have bad things happen.
It's just part of life.
It sucks. It's shitty. Still, part of life.
![]() |
| What remains of Matt's block |
So to Matt and his wife and all the other families affected by the fires in Colorado, Utah and elsewhere in the West, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Be well out there.

Comments