Trek 100 wrap up
This is indeed later than I had intended on posting this.
C'est la vie.
June 9 was the Trek 100, the annual charity ride to help raise money for the MAACC (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer).
It's been a little over two weeks since I did the Trek 100. Overall it was a great ride. Overall, I felt just fine. I might not be the fastest rider, but I am consistent and just keep on trucking. The route was fine. It was cool to ride through places that I have not ridden before. I had never ridden that far north of Trek. There was enough stops and we stopped at all of them, that I felt fine.
For the first 50 miles.
The final 15 were a bit rough. It was properly warm at that point. It was also properly breezy. And we were riding directly into the wind. All of that would have been fine, if I hadn't blown through my two water bottles in the first eight miles. Even that would have been fine had my right calf not cramped up.
So the final 15 miles were easily the toughest of that ride, and the toughest I'd done all year. Just the same I stayed on the bike. Even if I were slow.
I would like do a couple more 100K rides this year. I think I can do it faster and better and with less misery at the end. Plus, it's fun.
Anyway, the point is, it was a good ride. There is the 100-mile ride still hanging out there. I would like to tackle that at some point, but not this year.
Since then, I have been on the bike considerably less. Been running more these last two weeks.
So there you have.
C'est la vie.
June 9 was the Trek 100, the annual charity ride to help raise money for the MAACC (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer).
It's been a little over two weeks since I did the Trek 100. Overall it was a great ride. Overall, I felt just fine. I might not be the fastest rider, but I am consistent and just keep on trucking. The route was fine. It was cool to ride through places that I have not ridden before. I had never ridden that far north of Trek. There was enough stops and we stopped at all of them, that I felt fine.
For the first 50 miles.
The final 15 were a bit rough. It was properly warm at that point. It was also properly breezy. And we were riding directly into the wind. All of that would have been fine, if I hadn't blown through my two water bottles in the first eight miles. Even that would have been fine had my right calf not cramped up.
So the final 15 miles were easily the toughest of that ride, and the toughest I'd done all year. Just the same I stayed on the bike. Even if I were slow.
I would like do a couple more 100K rides this year. I think I can do it faster and better and with less misery at the end. Plus, it's fun.
Anyway, the point is, it was a good ride. There is the 100-mile ride still hanging out there. I would like to tackle that at some point, but not this year.
Since then, I have been on the bike considerably less. Been running more these last two weeks.
So there you have.
Comments