Bend
Better bend than break -Scottish proverb
You may recall the story of the reed and the oak during a gale. The wind howled and the oak boasted. The reed remained silent. The wind picked up speed and as it did so, the reed bent with the wind until it touched the ground. The oak, meanwhile, fell uprooted by the strong winds.
Sometimes what I see as my strength is really my stubbornness. Being rigid and not understanding of others. Basically a "my way or the highway" mentality. Where does it come from? Am I scared? Am I afraid if I compromise in the slightest all will be lost? Am I scared that one sign of weakness and the whole works will fall down around me?
It is better for me to determine if I am being rigid or if I am truly strong. Not an easy thing to do for me.
To be truly strong means to be gentle. To be tolerant. To be loving and flexible. It does not mean I give up who I really am. To be truly strong means to be true to who I really am.
Be well.
You may recall the story of the reed and the oak during a gale. The wind howled and the oak boasted. The reed remained silent. The wind picked up speed and as it did so, the reed bent with the wind until it touched the ground. The oak, meanwhile, fell uprooted by the strong winds.
Sometimes what I see as my strength is really my stubbornness. Being rigid and not understanding of others. Basically a "my way or the highway" mentality. Where does it come from? Am I scared? Am I afraid if I compromise in the slightest all will be lost? Am I scared that one sign of weakness and the whole works will fall down around me?
It is better for me to determine if I am being rigid or if I am truly strong. Not an easy thing to do for me.
To be truly strong means to be gentle. To be tolerant. To be loving and flexible. It does not mean I give up who I really am. To be truly strong means to be true to who I really am.
Be well.

Comments