Rem S'Fiddy first impression
Confidence inspiring.
That's my first impression of the Remedy 650 (27.5 I don't care WHAT you call it.)
Which is great. I've ridden stuff that I've never ridden before.
Again, give me shit for being old and slow all you want. I'm the one having fun.
Of course that confidence is a double-edge sword. I've found myself in a couple situations where I was clearly out of my current skill set. Not a bad thing, that's what I bought the bike for. I want to learn how to ride new things. However, I did manage to bang my ribs around a bit when I managed to not clear a rock pile. Also, I'll have to brush up on my falling skills it seems.
I'm not going to go into tech-weenie bullshit. Don't ask me how much travel it has or what the weight is. I don't know. If you want to know, let me direct you to trekbikes.com where you can find out all sorts of that information.
Mostly I don't care about the technical side of it. I know how it works. I know I can work on it. The rest of me just says "Shut up and ride."
So there you have it. I'm sure I'll post again/more about this bike but after a couple weeks of solid riding I say I dig it.
Now like I said...shut up and go ride.
That's my first impression of the Remedy 650 (27.5 I don't care WHAT you call it.)
Which is great. I've ridden stuff that I've never ridden before.
Again, give me shit for being old and slow all you want. I'm the one having fun.
Of course that confidence is a double-edge sword. I've found myself in a couple situations where I was clearly out of my current skill set. Not a bad thing, that's what I bought the bike for. I want to learn how to ride new things. However, I did manage to bang my ribs around a bit when I managed to not clear a rock pile. Also, I'll have to brush up on my falling skills it seems.
I'm not going to go into tech-weenie bullshit. Don't ask me how much travel it has or what the weight is. I don't know. If you want to know, let me direct you to trekbikes.com where you can find out all sorts of that information.
Mostly I don't care about the technical side of it. I know how it works. I know I can work on it. The rest of me just says "Shut up and ride."
So there you have it. I'm sure I'll post again/more about this bike but after a couple weeks of solid riding I say I dig it.
Now like I said...shut up and go ride.


Comments