OK

There are not many places I feel normal.
Most of the time I feel odd. Left out.
Not part of the crowd, even if I am IN a crowd.

But on the bike I feel normal. Usually I'm not in a crowd, it is usually alone.
I (try to) clear my mind of thoughts. Easier to do when I'm riding off road.
Just focus on the breathing. Just focus on the spinning.
Where should I position my body? Find the flow. The rhythm.
Move those legs old man. Push a little harder Grandpa.
Come on. Show me what you got! That all you got?
Push.
Harder.
Faster.
More.

When my muscles ache and lungs burn, that is when I feel most normal.

Some days it is frustrating because even if I push I can't find that feeling.
It is still good to ride make no mistake. But my brain gets frustrated.

I want to feel OK. Even if it is only for a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior