An open letter to my fellow humans whom I share the roadways with while I am on my bicycle

Dear fellow humans whom I share the roads with when I am on my bicycle,

Leave me alone. Please.

Please do not see how close to me you can get. Please keep your vehicle on your side of the white line. Your vehicle is massive and would squish me like a bug. I like being alive.

There is no need to verbally assault or harass me. Calling me "f%cking f@g" or "queer" only makes you look stupid. If you yell "get a job" to me that only makes me wonder how much you've had to drink.

Think of it like this. When you go out to play volleyball or baseball or go fishing or hunting or whatever it is you like to do, you wouldn't want random people threatening you right? Well I'd rather not be hassled either. I'm just out for a ride because it is what I enjoy.

So, again please just leave me alone.

I will do my best to simply stay out of your way. Sometimes though our paths will intersect. You may have to slow down. I know this is some sort of massive sin in your eyes. Try to be realistic about it -it is annoying. Are you really that callous that you are willing to threaten another human being's life just because they are annoying? Not threatening. Just annoying. Definition of the word annoy is: to disturb or bother in a way that displeases, troubles or slightly irritates. Just putting that out there.

I don't speak for everyone I only speak for myself. There are others I suspect who feel like I do.

So in closing, leave me alone when I'm on my bike.
Thanks.

Now shut up and ride.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-law-bans-cyclist-harassment,21003/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot has happened

A new year

Superior